PokemonValley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PokemonValley

Welcome To PokemonValley!

NewsHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chatbox FAQ

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ShadowDragonX
Admin
Admin
ShadowDragonX

Chatbox FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Chatbox FAQ   Chatbox FAQ Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 6:44 am

Just to give a helping hand to the community. Don't take offence if this makes you feel like a noob...or pro.

Commands:

/clear Delete the messages from the Chatbox (Moderator only)
/cls Same as the '/clear' command (Moderator only)
/ban Ban a member from the Chatbox. This command must be followed by the username to ban. (ex: /ban username). Once the user is banned, he won't see neither have access to the Chatbox. (Moderator only)
/unban To unban a user from the Chatbox. Its use is identical to banishment (ex: /unban nickname) (Moderator only)
/me In the beginning of a sentence, this command will be replaced by your username (ex: /me eats a delicious pizza" will display "Nickname eats a delicious pizza")
/kick Disconnect a member from the Chatbox. The command must be followed by the username to disconnect (ex: /kick username). Disconnecting a user won't prevent him from reconnecting. (Moderator only)
/exit Disconnect from the Chatbox. You can also precise the reason that will be visible for all members connected (ex: /exit reason)
/abs Send a message noticing that you're absent. You can add a reason that will be displayed in the message and visible by all members connected to the Chatbox (ex: /abs reason) Note: This is disable "Auto Refresh" meaning you won't see new messages unless you refresh manually, or type a message, so be sure to click the Auto Refresh box at the top right hand corner of the chatbox
/mod Make a person a chatbox moderator. (ex: /mod username) (Moderator only)
/unmod Take a person off the moderator list, meaning they're not a moderator anymore. (ex: /unmod username) (Moderator only)

---

FAQ:

Q: What does the @ sign next to a person's name mean?
A: The @ sign means they are an operator, or moderator.

Q: What are moderators?
A: A moderator is a person who has special permissions, for example, to kick or ban people. They have a "@" sign next to their nick to signify that they are a chatbox moderator. Also, if someone is a higher rank in the forums, lower ranks, such as non-forum moderators (Chatbox Moderators) cannot kick Forum Administrators or Forum Moderators. (Meaning that a moderator, such as Sparky, cannot kick/ban me or Shiny-Ho-oh) Note: Chatbox Moderators are different to Forum Moderators. Those who are Forum and Chatbox Moderators are Global Moderators.

Q: Why is someone's name a different colour?
A: This means they are in a forum group, for example, the administrator group, or moderator group, or even a Graphics Team member or VIP (look at the legend for the exact colours). This does not necessarily mean they are a chatbox mod: I could be a forum administrator, and not be a chatbox moderator.

Q: Why can't I do the /clear, /cls, /kick, /ban, /unban, /mod or /unmod commands?
A: Only chatbox mods can use these commands. If you feel someone should be banned or kicked, or the chatbox is getting flooded/slow/laggy, please ask a chatbox moderator.

Q: Why do my messages take a long time to appear on the screen?
A: There are many reasons for this. 1. There might be too many members talking at once, resulting in the chatbox reacting slowly to the message requests. Try to post slowly if this is the case. 2. There might be too many messages, or emoticons. Emoticons tend to kill the chat, literally. If this is the case, ask a mod to clear the messages. 3. It might just be your computer or internet. If this is the case, we cannot help you. 4. The chatbox server may be down or slow. If this is the casae, we cannot help you alot, try coming back later.

Q: How do I change my font colour?
A: WARNING: YOU NEED TO ENABLE POPUPS FOR THIS. A little to the left to where you type your messages, you'll see a little icon, which is a capital "A" with a coloured line underneath. Click it, and a small box will pop up. Select your colour and you are done.

Q: How do I become a chatbox moderator?
A: We choose who is suitable for the job. Please do not ask: This will only lessen your chances.

Q: How long does a ban last?
A: This depends on the moderators, and the seriousness of the situation. Some moderators are harsher than others.

Q: What are the general rules?
A: If you break a rule one time, you get a warning. If you break it another time, you get a 20 minute ban. Another time, 1 day ban. Another time, 1 week ban. After that, you may get a permanent ban. This depends on the moderators, they may give you more than 1 warning.

Q: Why did I suddenly disconnect? I was still active!
A: This is probably because you were kicked by a moderator. You may come back by clicking the Log In button at the right hand corner.

Q: I suddenly disconnected from the cbox and I didn't do anything wrong!
A: This is because you were mostly likely inactive for too long, and the chatbox automatically disconnects you. Don't be alarmed by this, you can reconnect by clicking "Log in" on the top right hand corner of the chat box.

Q: How do I get images in the cbox?
A: To get an image, you have to type Chatbox FAQ Insert your image link here . Or you can get smilies by clicking on the smiley face next to the font colour image (near your typing area) and choose an image there. You can find our custom one by clicking the scroll-down bar at the top of the popup, and selecting smilies 5.

Feel free to PM an administrator or moderator about this if you have any problems. Also, I'm not saying you're an idiot here, I'm only writing this for the people who don't know how to use the chatbox to its full extent.

And I love copypasta. I spent half an hour on this the first time, and it sounds nooby, so ignore that.

Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
http://giblesvalley.forumotion.co.uk/
Turbo
Founder
Founder
Turbo

Chatbox FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chatbox FAQ   Chatbox FAQ Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:40 am

Thanks for the help SDX.

If any of you need any more questions. Send me a PM or just comment here. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://pokemon-valley.darkbb.com

Chatbox FAQ
Page 1 of 1